Monday, June 25, 2012

St. Jean Baptiste Day or La Saint-Jean is...


our national holiday here in Quebec - June 24th.


Our small town celebrated yesterday. Live music, bonfire, games for children, food and drink and fireworks kept things lively.


A young couple dancing caught my eyes. Talk about energy. And their two children doing cartwheels have not fallen far from the tree.


No, I did not indulge in a drink or two.  I just don't know how to push the buttons of my camera.






Exhausted dancers.

2 comments:

Rouchswalwe said...

Ellena! You've taken some wonderfully atmospheric shots in challenging conditions! In the first, I hear the music; in the second, I feel the movement in the fireworks; and in the last, I am thirsty! Nice! Evening summer events like this are so much fun.

Ellena said...

Thank you Rouchswalve. Amazing what a good teacher, mentor, parent can do. Now I feel much better.