Thursday, September 25, 2014

Killing time..........


until Pasha arrives.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Arrangements need to be made for Nikita and Dakota to wiggle their tails and Chester to purr when she gets back home and it's a 5+ hours drive for her.  My thoughts are with her on that long drive - 16 lanes changing to 8 and then to 6.     

She wants to preserve our Autumn leaf colours as seen through her camera lens.

If I dare to suggest it, we might even discuss planing for an 'all of the families' bash to celebrate our upcoming big 0s.
"What, who wants to think about that now.  Next year comes soon enough, no rush about that, I don't feel like talking about it".  I can hear it.

Numbers never bothered me until I did not fit into this or that any more which to my delight, for a reason that I am proud of, happened very late in my life.  

Oops, she just called.  Should she maybe do the last stretch on the 117 or should she stick to finishing off on the 15 or or or.....it would be cool to take a country road and blablabla.
I suggested she should come here as usual and take it easy for the remainder of the day. 
It is supposed to get warmer and warmer till after the weekend and the show has not reached its peek as yet.




  






6 comments:

Halle said...

So happy you have a good excuse to take time to enjoy these amazing fall colours that are getting more brilliant every day. It is even better of course with the temperatures promised to be in the 20s every day for the next week anyway! :)

Tom said...

I am somewhat confused here by this oblique post. Are you saying that next year you reach your fortieth birthday? No, don't answer; a lady doesn't like to reveal how young she is. :)

marja-leena said...

How exciting to have family come and visit!

Hmm, not long ago someone said to me that "killing" time is not a nice term. Why are we so eager to have time pass faster, then complain that time "flies"? We humans are full of contradictions.

Anyway - enjoy!

Rouchswalwe said...

Ah, it's good to have everyone together to see the show. My favourite time of year and I'll be celebrating a big 0 in less than two weeks. In the meantime, there is Oktoberfest. The Märzens are here and I'm hoping that the time goes slowly and languidly so that every moment can be preserved in happy memory.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Very mysterious post, almost surrealist. A poem. I like it that way.

Ellena said...

Halle!
Mother Nature kept all her promises.
She offered brilliant yellows, oranges and reds.
Tom!
Yes 40, I thought I made it clear enough.
Marja-Leena!
So true - not nice at all and I have none to waste.
Rouchswalwe!
And so is Sauerkraut with all it's goodies.
Your big O is smaller than Pasha's and mine, I think. Lucky you.
My girls were both also born in October, 16th and 27th. And you?
Natalie!
Thank you.