Wednesday, October 5, 2011

DEER SIGHTING



Just because I have not posted anything lately does not mean that I am not always and too much in the past. It must come with age. Today I shall talk about yesterday.

I was slowly driving along a country road, admiring nature's beauty. The fall colors were breathtaking - maple trees dressed in yellow, green, red and orange. All of a sudden something moved on the right hand side at the front of my car. Fortunately we know to drive slow at this time of the year. As I put the brakes on a deer jumped out from the brush and crossed to the other side of the road. All I could see in front of me was his head and top of his back going by. I was so close that his legs were hidden by the hood of the car. The expected thump of body and car colliding did not happen. Next time I drive on this road I will go slow again.

No comments: